The Translation and Interpreting Institute (TII), part of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) at Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) is now accepting research proposals for its 12th International Translation Conference.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, TII will convene an interdisciplinary forum to explore the emerging and existing intersections between translation and creativity, with a special focus on the multilayered processes of mediation and theorization of creativity across disciplines and practical contexts.
Abstracts in both Arabic and English will be accepted.
- Deadline for Submission (Abstract): September 8, 2022
- Conference Dates: March 15-16, 2023
Thematic areas include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creative labor in technological environments: user-generated translation, machine translation, crowdsourced translation, translating and interpreting over the web.
- Affect, emotions and the politics of creativity: fan, activist, volunteer, ad hoc, professional translation.
- Constructs, genres, artifacts of creative productions and circulations: cinema, literature, theater and other visual and performing arts.
- The reconfiguration of aesthetic and political forms of translation in digital and non-digital environments.
- The power of creativity: dynamics of resistance and cooptation in cultural and creative industries.
- The place of creative translation in copyright policies and in public domain endeavors: creative commons, open science, open access, copyleft.
- Theoretical and methodological approaches to addressing creativity in translation.
- The use of translation in creative research.
- The concept of creativity in and beyond translation thought.
To send your contributions: www.tii.qa/12th