The Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering aims at producing well-educated and globally competitive Computer Engineering professionals for Qatar, the region and the wider world. The program strives to be one of the top sought programs through its multidisciplinary aspects, collaboration among different world-class institutions and the excellence of its faculty, staff, students, and facilities.
Program Educational Objectives:
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are statements that describe what the program graduates are expected to attain in few years after graduation. For the Computer Engineering program at HBKU, the PEOs are as follows:
- Demonstrate mastery of computer engineering fundamentals in practical industrial settings and continue to develop creative design skills and technical depth to solve problems in diverse range of professional careers that span across disciplines;
- Pursue their intellectual development through continuous learning such as professional development and graduate education;
- Demonstrate effective teamwork, leadership and communication skills in practical industrial settings;
- Practice their career with a high degree of professional ethics, and contribute to their local and professional communities.
The Student Outcomes for the Computer Engineering program are listed below. The program faculty decided to adopt the ABET student outcomes. The program is committed to providing an educational experience in which students who successfully complete the program attain the following student outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
For the Computer Engineering program, the following table highlights student enrollment and graduation numbers since the program inception in 2015.
||2019-2020: 8 (expected)