To handle all administrative aspects of LLM/SJD programs and serve as the college's principal administrative organizer for special events.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and implement marketing and student recruitment plan for LLM/SJD programs in coordination with faculty and HBKU Communications team.
- Work with faculty in selecting LLM and SJD students and providing support to students in course selection, thesis or dissertation logistics and/or career plans.
- Work with Dean and Graduate Programs Committee in managing LLM/SJD programs, to achieve coherence and consistency, and track all information regarding tuition, scholarships, etc., for all degree programs.
- Use knowledge and understanding of operational issues to work with Dean and faculty to organize and implement SJD colloquium and other conferences, colloquia, presentations, workshops, etc.
- Facilitate special projects and initiatives in LLM/SJD programs and related fields to support budget preparation and review, as well as obtain approvals and ensure it is well-implemented and controlled to achieve objectives.
- Develop and maintain database of stakeholder contact information.
- Work with Dean and HBKU Communications team to plan outreach regarding events and/or with media.
- Assist in organizing and preparing for conferences and symposia with internal and external constituents, nationally and internationally; as well as assist Dean in communicating with all participants.
- Collect and compile data and statistics regarding programs and projects for internal management use and for distribution to the public and relevant audiences.
- Develop communication project briefs.
- Work with Executive Assistant to maintain college events calendar.
- Coordinate press releases, social media, website content and other marketing and PR-related material to have the highest and most positive impact on people, locally, regionally and internationally.
- Develop content for communications channels as per communications procedures and brand guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring internal and external communications materials with HBKU communications.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by Dean.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work performed in a standard office environment. Must follow all relevant HBKU policies and procedures, and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols.
Will be required to regularly work outside of normal working hours during academic term.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Dean, Faculty, Graduate Programs Committee and Staff: Frequent contact to obtain assignments, respond, provide input, obtain approvals and updates.
- Students: Frequent contact to provide advice and coordinate events/outreach.
- National and International Stakeholders, Association / Accreditation Leaders, Government Leaders, VIPs, etc.: Contact as needed to coordinate meetings and outreach initiatives.
- HBKU Communications team: Frequent contact to ensure alignment and coordinate assigned projects.
- Vendors: For special events.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems.
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/related problems.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts.
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with two to five years of experience in events-related communications and implementation experience, preferably in a higher education environment (admissions, board relations, external affairs, etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of data assessment, interpretation, evaluation and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of policies, procedures, systems and work methods.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Applicants on the shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.