About Qatar Biomedical Research Institute:
Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI), part of Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU), is a national center of excellence in biomedical research. It aims to transform healthcare through harnessing and converting the latest advances in science, medicine and technology into novel discoveries that will lead to more effective treatments and preventive strategies for human diseases such as: diabetes, cancer and neurological disorders. The institute strives toward the development of novel diagnostic and therapeutic strategies to facilitate early diagnosis, treatment and management of these devastating diseases with the purpose of improving personalized medicine and healthcare. QBRI has recently occupied state-of-the-art life sciences laboratories in a newly established research campus.
To manage the planning, execution and management of all internal and external communication activities and public outreach activities for QBRI.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and communicate key messages to highlight the goals and achievements of the Institute.
- Represent QBRI at public outreach events including exhibitions and press conferences.
- Build on existing and develop new relationships with media.
- Edit, proofread, and draft a variety of QBRI communications materials.
- Develop various marketing collateral such as QBRI brochures etc.
- Prepare content for internal and external communications, e.g: press releases etc.
- Manage social media activities to ensure delivery of right messaging while also ensuring appropriate coverage of the Institute’s activities.
- Lead various disease awareness campaigns for community outreach, e.g: breast cancer awareness month, diabetes day by sharing information in how to control/avoid the disease, risk factors, early diagnosis etc.
- Coordinate with the communication teams at QF, HBKU and RDI to ensure wide-spread recognition of important events, accomplishments, research results, achievements and awards.
- Promote positive interactions and collaborations between QBRI, the community, and local stakeholders through engagement and effective communication to identify opportunities for future collaborations.
- Assist the Executive Director and QBRI’s management team in preparing presentations in a simple and professional way
- Ensure that there is smooth flow of information and sharing of knowledge, thoughts and experiences within the team and with other institutes.
- Develop and implement QBRI’s communication plan.
- Develop and update content of QBRI’s website.
- Organize events in coordination with different stakeholders.
- Develop report about QBRI’s annual achievements and ensure media coverage of all activities.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Supervisor – provide regular biweekly status reports on assigned tasks.
- QBRI senior management and scientific staff – contact as needed to gather relevant event information and provide communications report.
- QF, HBKU and RDI PR & Communications – contact as needed to share information and support.
- Local and international stakeholders – contact as needed to conduct specific projects, accomplish tasks and organize events.
- Local and international media – contact as needed to provide information about and during events.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems.
- Refrains from jumping to conclusion in the absence of clear evidence,takes time to collect facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/ related problems.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English literature, communication, political science, journalism or related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant full-time work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, planning, marketing and managerial skills.
- Able to produce concepts and ideas for marketing materials and press releases.
- Able to multi-task and deliver under tight schedules.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
How to apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University, being an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.