Oversee the development, implementation and continuous improvement of faculty-related professional training and development programs at HBKU, in close collaboration with the colleges.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop and lead professional development initiatives across academic disciplines.
- Responsible for the organization, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of professional development services for faculty members across all HBKU colleges.
- Define the requirements and details of the development program for faculty including the required budget.
- Assemble a comprehensive program that govern professional development opportunities designed to help faculty deliver best educational standards.
- Schedule the development programs depending on the requirement of each college.
- Advise faculty and colleges on policies related to student and program achievements and assessment.
- Organize and facilitate training on assessment best-practices, program development and program review.
- Support academic program assessment with continuous consultation, mentoring and hands-on training.
- Develop a comprehensive faculty professional development program, including the design and development of courses and course materials, as well as the development of high-quality online courses and course assessment and programs reviews.
- Facilitate training materials including teaching aids, online tutorials and other multimedia materials to assist faculty with instructional design principles and the use of online teaching and learning tools.
- Identify and communicate best practices to faculty for applying teaching and learning theories to curriculum design.
- Recommend effective and creative use of technologies to enhance instruction and create new learning environments.
- Design, develop and implement evaluation procedures to assess the effectiveness of using technology in teaching and learning processes.
- Identify and secure professional development specialists and speakers.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard university and office environment. The incumbent must follow all relevant HBKU policies and procedures, and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Provost / Associate Provost – frequent contact to provide project updates and receive guidance & approvals.
- Other University Administrative Functions – frequent contact to coordinate requests.
- College deans or designees – frequent meetings to coordinate data collection.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems.
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/ related problems.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility / accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts.
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology or a related area,
- Five years of experience in designing, developing, implementing and revising online courses and course materials in a higher education environment.
- Experience with applying educational theory, instructional design principles and pedagogical strategies to improve the quality of online instruction.
- Experience with instructional strategies for online courses and identifying online instructional strategies to promote understanding of content, development of critical thinking skills, communication and collaboration in the online environment.
- Experience with the development of interactive content that engages online students.
- Experience in designing and developing training materials, including job aids, online tutorials and other multimedia materials.
- Demonstrates experience in higher education, career counseling or professional development programming.
- Experience with grant financial management, budget management and control.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communication documents and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Applicants on the shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.