To lead HBKU's Executive Education Center by establishing and developing training and education programs serving HBKU priorities.
Key Result Areas:
- Develop the vision and overall strategy for HBKU-Executive Education Center, taking into account financial sustainability and meeting HBKU’s strategic objectives.
- Guide the development and staffing of programs, and oversee the marketing and outreach strategy.
- Drive the implementation of a comprehensive marketing and communication plan and strategy to secure the success of the executive programs and degrees.
- Develop local capacity and design the implementation of premier customized learning activities that meet market needs, as well as overseeing a portfolio of open enrolment programs.
- Build and manage relationships with clients seeking to build the capacity of leaders within their organization through Executive and Professional Education.
- Create and enhance annual and five-year business plans to strengthen organizational ability to implement short-term executive management certificate diploma programs for strategic industries and longer-term executive degree programs (at the undergraduate and post graduate levels) for key professionals.
- Collaborate with faculty, Deans and other Executive Education administrators to identify, define and unify program designs and overall professional development architectures, including program scheduling.
- Serve as the senior interface with (external) corporate clients for the development and delivery of custom learning programs; collaborate with executives in client organizations conducting in-depth needs assessments, identifying program objectives; and overseeing program design and execution.
- Develop and enhance internal and external networks of expertise with the capability of developing training and education programs and course materials tailored to identified needs.
- Conduct market research to assess the commercial viability of new programs.
- Strengthen program performance monitoring and assessment tools and analyses to provide key educational and financial data and evidence to drive annual improvement plans and strategies at the institutional, program, and course levels.
- Assure faculty preparation of program specific matter, such as participant profiles, learning priorities and provide guidance for any necessary presentation modifications.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Must comply with HBKU health, safety, security and environment policies, procedures, legal regulations and objectives applicable to areas of responsibility to ensure that work is performed in a safe, healthy and environmentally sound manner. The majority of work is carried out in a multicultural, multinational office environment.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Associate Provosts, directors, deans, and faculty - frequent contact for discussion of enrollment targets and presenting recommendations based on data analysis (including Registrar).
- External Stakeholders – C-Suite, Government entities and private companies (front line managers involved in professional development).
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Proactively identifies problems that are inhibiting meeting organizational objectives.
- Encourages both individuals and teams to solve problems through empowerment and effective delegation and review mechanisms.
- Ensures the allocation of resources and invests in people and tools to optimize problem solving and decision-making efforts.
- Removes obstacles and facilitates information flow to support effective problem solving across the organization.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Applies judgment to decide when to make swift decisions even in the absence of all necessary information.
- Arrives at sound and timely decisions, based on past experience and an understanding of the current business environment and projected changes.
- Considers the impact of decisions on various stakeholders and takes this into account.
- Delegates decision making as appropriate to encourage and facilitate empowerment.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline; Ph.D. preferred
- 8 years of relevant full-time work experience leading multinational internal and external teams in training and education, marketing and finance, event management and logistics, etc.
- Ability to design, develop and oversee delivery of educational programs, plus financial aspects.
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional team and encourage cooperation from divergent stakeholders including, corporate clients and senior faculty.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills. Recent experience engaging high-level industry and government leaders to participate in advisory bodies and to support training and education activities in support of national and regional priorities.
- Knowledge of and experience in creating data collection instruments and documents as well as developing data-driven reports on training/education and financial performance.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communication documents and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.