Responsible for processing all accreditation and reaccreditation activities within the university.
Key Result Areas:
- To act as an expert focal point to interpret the accreditation standards, and to provide advisory services to all levels of the university on accreditation requirements as supplied by relevant accreditation bodies.
- Conduct research and internal analysis of the standards of accreditation bodies and to ensure compliance is achieved.
- Undertake research on practices adopted by other higher education institutions that can support meeting the standards of accreditation bodies.
- Responsible for writing, editing, finalizing and preparing drafts of applications, self-study reports and periodic reports as needed.
- Responsible for organizing, scheduling and enabling accreditation site visits.
- Train internal stakeholders on various accreditation standards.
- Manage all aspects of accreditation process and create and deliver workshops to the university community to ensure that key stakeholders understand the process, standards and expectations.
- Conduct analysis, reports on and recommends enhancements to policy or procedures concerning accreditation standards.
- Manage the collection of information in support of the standards of accreditation bodies.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with accreditation agencies.
- Confirm and manage timelines for accreditation and reaccreditation while engaging with senior administrators to ensure they are on track to meet deadlines.
- Ensure that submissions to accreditation bodies are achieved on-time.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard university and office environment. The incumbent must follow all relevant HBKU policies and procedures and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Associate Provost – frequent contact to receive work instructions, work progress and feedback.
- College Deans or designees – frequent contact to coordinate academic planning matters.
- VP Student Affairs – frequent contact to coordinate student workshops and information sessions.
- Registrar – frequent contact to discuss student statistics.
- Enrollment – contact as needed to discuss enrollment patterns and selectivity data.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates different options when solving problems.
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence and collects facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium term as well as the immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of the preferred solution on other projects or related problems.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility / accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts.
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information whilst exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree (open field).
- Five years of relevant full-time work experience, preferably in similar higher education institutes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills.
- Outstanding communicating and negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communication documents and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to comply with firm deadlines; ability to project manage, and keep others on task.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Shortlist will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.