To lead and oversee the institutional data collection, integration, analysis, and reporting functions in support of data informed decision-making and to satisfy reporting requirements.
Key Result Areas
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the university data management and governance framework to include data related standards, policies, and procedures
- Work closely with data system administrators and the IT team to develop, manage, and maintain an integrated data system to facilitate the development of a business intelligence and analytics environment
- Work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders to understand and respond to their information needs
- Develop and maintain dashboards, to analyze and interpret data to generate actionable information
- Assist in benchmarking activities, to design and administer surveys, and to respond to requests related to data and data analysis and reporting
- Collect and integrate data from different sources while ensuring data consistency
- Develop and oversee ETL integration processes
- Develop and maintain the university data dictionary and data models
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to review data collection and data entry processes to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity, availability, and confidentiality of university data and information
- Provide accurate, timely, and consistent reporting of university data and performance indicators to support planning, data informed decision-making, and data reporting requirements
- Conduct statistical analysis and analytics activities to generate knowledge and information to help in planning, in assessing institutional effectiveness, and to support data informed decision-making
- Develop and maintain interactive dashboards and data visualization to satisfy operational needs
- Develop fact sheets, data reports, and other resources to be made available on the office website
- Produce data and information needed to satisfy the external reporting requirements including the government and the accreditation agencies reporting requirements
- Develop & maintain an Institutional Research Calendar to ensure that reporting timeline requirements are met
- Design, develop and administer surveys including student and faculty satisfaction surveys, graduate survey, alumni survey, and employer survey
- Analyze and interpret survey results and summarize findings in presentations and reports as needed
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to provide support in the design and administration of surveys, in conducting benchmarking, and in responding to specific research questions and requests
- Conduct market research and produce data to support academic program review and other academic and research initiatives and processes
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Must comply with QF health, safety, and environment policy as well as legal regulations applicable to areas of responsibility. A high degree of confidentiality is required.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Supervisor – Frequent contact to provide updates and receive guidance & approvals.
- HBKU entities – Frequent contact to identify information and reporting needs; to establish and coordinate activities and matters related to data collection, validation, analysis, and interpretation; to assist in conducting research and in the design and administration of surveys; to facilitate the use of data to support assessments, to make improvements, and to inform decisions.
- External Institutions – Conduct benchmarking as needed and satisfy external reporting needs including government and accreditation reporting requirements.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Social Science, or a related field
- 6-8 years of experience in data analysis, data reporting, and in managing data systems in higher education institutions
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, Oracle database; ETL
- Experience with IBM Cognos Analytics, Power BI, or Tableau
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining database systems to conduct data analytics
- Experience with survey development tools such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop a variety of data-rich reports, dashboards, and presentations to be easily used and understood by a range of audiences
- Working knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations regarding data usage and confidentiality
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and will continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.