Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI) is a leading research institute under Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU). The institute addresses the Qatar National Health priorities outlined in the Qatar National Research Strategy through its dedicated research centers – the Cancer Research Center (CRC), Diabetes Research Center (DRC) and Neurological Disorders Research Center (NDRC).
To develop research proposals, conduct research, supervise research, and provide training on procedures and equipment.
Job Role Description
- Conduct individual/collaborative research projects, where appropriate, under minimum supervision.
- Support the development and monitoring of research programs.
- Assist the research team in the development of research or survey methodologies, in the implementation of research studies, in analysis, and in report writing.
- Conduct literature searches and reference collections upon request.
- Develop experimental designs as well as research procedures and procedures for the operation of laboratory and technical equipment for junior staff.
- Perform predefined laboratory or field work protocols and experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations.
- Work with the research team to coordinate the daily activities of the principal investigator, senior scientists, and postdoctoral staff.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation of research experiments, samples, and specimens, and ensure the accuracy of laboratory reports.
- Maintain expertise and awareness of current laboratory, equipment, and scientific developments in relevant aspects of the discipline.
- Ensure that the laboratory area is well stocked with resources for planned experiments.
- Assist with, and where appropriate, be responsible for, policies and procedures to ensure that work meets research quality objectives towards accreditation standards.
- Record and sometimes interpret data results for scientists; use computers to perform mathematical calculations for preparation of graphs and data presentation.
- Keep up with technical developments, especially those that can save time and improve reliability.
- Follow all laboratory and quality processes and protocols in detail.
- Provide, upon request, training on protocols, techniques, equipment, and the laboratory environment to visitors, scientists, and students.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master's degree in health science, biomedical science, or any related field with 3-5 years of relevant full-time work experience, or a bachelor's degree with 6–8 years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in essential laboratory techniques and protocols.
- Extensive expertise in laboratory management, including strong expertise in the procurement, maintenance, and management of laboratory equipment and supplies inventory (consumables, reagents, chemicals, etc.) and safety procedures.
- Proficiency in good laboratory practices and safety regulations and procedures, including the management of hazardous materials.
- Experience in project management and supervising and/or training junior technical staff.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic working environment and respond to rapidly changing work demands, deadlines and research priorities.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply
To apply, please follow this link: Apply
Additional documents may be solicited from short-listed candidates.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an accommodation allowance, annual paid leave, and medical insurance.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.