Strategically promote Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI) research initiatives and achievements to establish relationships within the global scientific community. This should yield various sources of income while building and maintaining the organization’s reputation internationally.
Key Result Areas
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on Institute budgetary and business development-related matters.
- Help develop a research program that is aligned with QBRI strategic objectives and which supports QF's mission and vision.
- Carry out feasibility studies and develop business cases for potential projects to provide management with the information needed to assess their merits in relation to cost as well as in regard to the extent of oversight required.
- Monitor the development of approved programs and projects as well as provide input into major decisions to ensure achievement of project targets and goals.
- Develop and implement a targeted media and communications strategy to promote QBRI’s name and reputation internationally.
- Reach out to the global scientific community. Attend conferences and meetings of professional organizations to inform the research community about QBRI research projects and opportunities, identify and develop industry and research partnerships, generate innovative activities, and build the professional reputation of the organization.
- Establish preferred supplier deals, rent out exhibit space, and offer sponsorship opportunities to develop additional sources of revenue.
- Develop and maintain media relationships: respond to media inquiries, manage press release production and dissemination.
- Manage PR projects. Manage the creation, production, and updating of informational brochures, newsletters, annual reports, and any other communications, including the QBRI website, to ensure accuracy of content, that target audiences are addressed to and consistency of messaging.
- Collaborate with researchers to obtain information needed to prepare reports that will accurately and comprehensively communicate outcomes and recommendations resulting from analytical studies, impact analysis, and other relevant research.Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Supervisor — frequent contact to plan strategies and projects, to provide project updates and formal reporting on ongoing projects; and to receive guidance and approvals.
- Scientists and management — contact as needed to plan and coordinate special projects.
- Potential and actual project partners — contact as needed to establish and follow up on projects, vendors and other commercial partners — regular contact to develop financially beneficial business relationships.
Problem Solving & Complexity
- Proactively identifies problems that are inhibiting meeting organizational objectives.
- Encourages both individuals and teams to solve problems through empowerment and effective delegation and review mechanisms.
- Ensures the allocation of resources and invests in people and tools to optimize problem solving and decision-making efforts.
- Removes obstacles and facilitates information flow to support effective problem solving across the organization.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility
- Exhibits sound judgment to anticipate potential implications of all decisions; balances benefits and risks and identifies areas of uncertainty.
- Evaluates information by penetrating questions, thus ensuring complete information is available to make an informed decision.
- Arrives at well-researched decisions that balance quality, service, and cost.
- Encourages and supports appropriate risk-taking by subordinates when making decisions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or a related field; scientific background an advantage.
- 8-10 years of experience building and managing media relationships and internal communications, preferably within a large technical organization.
- Outstanding analytical, organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, presentation, negotiation, and persuasion skills. Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage. Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter, and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets, and medical insurance.
HBKU, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.