To develop and implement a strategic plan that identifies and attracts target markets to enhance and ensure the quality of accepted students in the university's academic programs. This position is for Qataris only.
Key Result Areas
- Contribute to the development and implementation of student recruitment strategies in key local, regional and international market segments.
- Identify and target high-potential students to enroll in HBKU's academic programs.
- Lead planning committees for small and large-scale events in collaboration with HBKU Communications to promote and encourage prospective students to apply to HBKU.
- Participate in and support with planning student recruitment events and activities.
- Serve as key admissions representative for potential students; respond to and follow up with all inquiries.
- Connect applicants with faculty and staff as needed to gain in-depth understanding of their respective academic programs.
- Develop content for all Admissions & Enrollment marketing materials such as brochures, publications, and website in collaboration with HBKU Communications.
- Serve as the site administrator for all international standardized examinations such as SAT, ACT, LSAT, GRE and TOEFL which involves leading the operational planning and administration of testing in coordination with test providers.
- Evaluate existing and propose new strategies for communication processes for prospective students.
- Assist in the reviewing and evaluating admissions applications for academic programs at HBKU.
- Participate in the development of and implement specific evaluation rubrics.
- Participate as a non-voting resource in admissions committee sessions with Deans, Faculty and Colleges, including but not limited to: interviews, discussion of applicants and identification of high achieving students for scholarships.
- Submit reports to the relevant Deans and Colleges that highlight existing challenges and recommend initiatives to meet enrollment targets.
- Contribute to the evaluation of the impact of student recruitment activities and programs; contribute to continuous improvement strategies and plans.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries
Work performed in a standard office environment. Must follow all relevant HBKU policies and procedures, and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols. During the academic term, will be required to regularly work outside of normal working hours.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Potential students & their families - frequent contact to encourage applications, submission of documents, participate in interviews, host campus visits, complete enrollment process
- Faculty & Deans - frequent contact during admissions review period to discuss applicants according to HBKU Academic policies and procedures
- HBKU communications - Frequent contact for development of recruitment events, marketing materials for academic programs, dissemination of admission materials and identification of target markets
- Partner institutions - work closely to recruit prospective students from their institutions
Problem Solving and Complexity
- Evaluates different options when solving problems
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution
- Considers the medium term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solutions on other projects/ related problems.
Decision-making Authority and Responsibility
- Accepts responsibility / accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts.
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- 2-5 years of relevant full-time work experience preferably, at an accredited selective enrolment university.
- Strong knowledge of higher education admissions communications and marketing processes.
- Proficiency in a range of technology-based applications including Student Information Systems [e.g., Banner, Datatel (now Elucian/Banner), Sales Force, etc.], MS Office, Social Media.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to logically and persuasively outline and present thoughts, ideas, and specifications both in writing and presentations.
- Knowledge of and experience in data analysis and developing data-driven reports. Knowledge of statistical programs (e.g., SPSS, SAS, etc.) an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and will continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University, as an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.