The College of Public Policy (CPP) is the newest college launched by HBKU and reflects the priority that the university places on supporting and contributing to effective policy development nationally, regionally and globally. The College offers a dynamic research environment exploring policy challenges across a range of areas, including social, environmental, and developmental policy, public administration, higher education, food security, and governance.
The College offers a two-year Master of Public Policy (MPP) and will also offer a two-year Master of Social Policy and Program Evaluation (MSPPE) in 2022. Each program provides for small-class teaching focused on an integrated curriculum designed to foster substantive practical engagement with policy issues. The highly internationalized student body is dynamic and supported by generous scholarships. All programs are conducted in English.
The College invites applications for full-time Assistant Professor level in the following areas:
- Social Policy, with a specialization in any of the following: comparative social policy, global health policy, poverty and inequality, global education policy, international development, or related areas. Candidates should have experience in teaching at graduate level and research interests in social policy. Candidates should also have a completed PhD in social or public policy. They must have a record of accomplishment or trajectory of internationally excellent publications, plus the proven ability or potential to publish in top journals or with leading book publishers. The ability to establish an international reputation in international social policy is also essential. Candidates should also have the ability to draw on international/global perspectives in research and teaching. The successful candidates will teach across the College’s two programs, supervise and mentor students in capstone research projects and theses, contribute to the administrative needs of the College, and develop an international publications and research profile. The teaching load for full-time faculty is three (3) courses per academic year.
- Evaluation, with a specialization in any of the following: evaluation theories and methodology; the practice of evaluation in diverse contexts such as government agencies, healthcare settings, educational organizations, international development, economic evaluation, mixed-methods research and evaluation, qualitative and quantitative methods for evaluation, evaluation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or related areas. Candidates should also have a completed PhD in evaluation, econometrics, statistics, economics or related discipline from an accredited institution. They should have a record of academic publication, and experience in teaching at graduate level. They must have a track record or trajectory of internationally excellent publications. The successful candidate(s) will teach across the College’s two programs, supervise and mentor students in capstone research projects and theses, contribute to the administrative needs of the College, and develop an international publications and research profile. The teaching load for full-time faculty is three (3) courses per academic year.
Required Qualifications & Skills for all faculty positions:
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. public policy, social policy, economics or related field
- Must be an active researcher with a record of scholarly publications in professional journals.
- Possess adequate instructional and mentorship experience relative to supervising Master student research theses.
- International experience and qualifications will be given preference
- English language proficiency is required.
- Arabic language proficiency would be an asset
- An ability to contribute to curriculum development and innovation
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multicultural context
- Demonstrated collegiate and collaborative workplace skills
- Ability to support the administrative needs of the College and University
How to Apply
Please submit your complete application (CV, cover letter, statement of research interests and accomplishments, evidence of teaching effectiveness such as course evaluations or peer reviews), and names of three referees with their full contact information through the following link: click here to apply
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as housing & transportation allowances, children’s educational assistance, annual paid leave and airfares, medical insurance etc.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University is an equal opportunity educator and employer. We are committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.