The position ensures that CILE’s vision, mission and key messages are digitally well communicated through CILE’s website and social media to its three target audiences - scholars, students and general public, and in three languages - English, Arabic and French.
Key Result Areas
- The development of an efficient and accessible website that represents CILE identity with compelling and user friendly content through continuous analysis of user engagement.
- Implement and maintain content and interactive applications as conceived by CILE management.
- Increase public interest and awareness of CILE and its programs through alternative new media, such as Wiki, blogs, electronic bulletin boards, and social networks, etc.
- Develop and publish electronic communications for external stakeholder audience for CD-ROM, DVD, digital television and internet, podcasts, etc.
- Partner with copywriters and graphic artists to identify layout and design schemes that support the messaging strategies for programs, corporate communications and publications.
- Ensure optimal page loads, uptime and integration with business functions as appropriate.
- Establish policies and procedures around content management for all contributors throughout CILE.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders in the planning and organization of website deliverables.
- Liaise with researchers, PR specialists to update news, articles, events, activities, newsletters and disseminate among target audiences.
- Moderate the online discussion forums.
- Research emerging technologies and services that may enhance the Web experience and make recommendations to management.
- Monitor site traffic and track use of pages, features and links with the aim of continuously improving the site and making it more appealing and functional.
- Regularly report website usage statistics and present regular recommendations for enhancement of the site.
- Seek user feedback regularly.
- Manage CILE’s online forums and social networks, as well as CILE soft publications.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Collaborate with management, business units and Web Host Co. to determine the website’s purpose, functions, requirements and long-term strategies.
- Liaise with CILE Website Developer and Host Company to create an effective user experience, and be CILE’s focal point for any technical issues and maintenance requirements.
Problem Solving and Complexity
- Have a proven ability in formulating solutions that fit within the mission of the Center. He/she will be able to select and apply a range of qualitative or quantitative methods to complex information, issues or problems.
- Refrains from drawing conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution.
- Considers the medium-term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions.
- The incumbent will help others to see the big picture when managing web content and updating stakeholders with CILE news and activities. A further requirement is the ability to anticipate all possible responses to different initiatives especially on social media and online blogs/forums.
Decision-making Authority and Responsibility
- Accepts responsibility / accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight
- This position requires constant assessment and updating of the site to fit the evolving needs of CILE. In addition, the position requires coordination with both internal and external audiences to gain feedback and ensure that the website is functional and up to date.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A master’s degree in a related field is required.
- Fluency or professional level in English, Arabic and French Languages
- Expertise in content management system (CMS) like WordPress
- Computer skills that fit all the required software & hardware tasks
- 6-8 years’ experience in a similar position
- Programming experience plus knowledge in new software languages
- Expert in social media and digital means of communication
- Demonstrated leadership in project management
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and will continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as housing & transportation allowances, children educational assistance, annual paid leave, airfares, and medical insurance etc.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University, being an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.