To support business activities including communications management and workflow distribution & collection with internal and external constituents and stakeholders ensuring the department/office’ operational efficiency.
Key Result Areas
- Support day-to-day business and project management activities by providing administrative duties including but not limited to: scheduling appointments, organizing and printing email attachments, scanning, developing physical and digital files, virtual filing cabinets, etc.
- Represent the department/office as a liaison and focal point to HBKU President’s Office, campuses in Qatar, strategic partners, and all other relevant internal and external constituents and stakeholders to provide a clear and direct line of communication
- Update and maintain a database of all internal and external stakeholders’ contact information to enable business relationship continuity & ease of communication
- Facilitate all communications including answering calls, reviewing, assessing, preparing briefs and responding to emails addressed to the supervisor
- Assist in planning relevant department/office events such as information sessions, presentations, and workshops; distribute information, draft agendas, and organize and facilitate high level meetings in coordination with HBKU Communications ensuring no duplication of efforts
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external meetings; prepare and distribute minutes of meetings and keep records and documents of meeting decisions and track agreed actions and decisions
- Develop monitoring templates and follow-up with supervisor’s direct reports on action and assignment deadlines and documentation; provide periodic reports on assignment progress and status of special projects/deadlines
- Ensure that staff remain current on business initiatives and that directives that affect their work are carried out
- File, archive, and retrieve organizational, administrative, and financial documents and reports
- Collect and compile data regarding the department/office’s programs and projects that could be presented to the public and relevant communities/audiences; prepare and deliver presentations using this data to management
- Support budget preparation and review including obtaining approvals and ensuring it is well-implemented and controlled to achieve the department/office’s objectives
- Support the preparation of the department/office’s annual business plan
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Supervisor – frequent contact to provide project updates and receive guidance and approvals
- Department/office team members – frequent contact to coordinate and support daily activities
- Internal and external stakeholders – contact as needed to provide information
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant field of study
- 2 – 5 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Excellent knowledge of data assessment, interpretation, evaluation, and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of policies, procedures, systems and work methods
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application (CV, cover letter and the names of three references with their full contact information) via the following link: Click here to apply
Review of applications is expected to begin soon and will continue until the position is filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as housing & transportation allowances, children educational assistance, annual paid leave, airfares, and medical insurance etc.
Hamad Bin Khalifa University, being an equal opportunity educator and employer, is committed to maintaining culturally and academically diverse staff of the highest caliber.