HBKU seeks applications for the position of Academic Standards Lead. The applicant will be responsible of managing the academic documentation in accordance with HBKU academic policies and standards.
Key Result Areas
- Develop academic documentation management plans and standard documentation processes to ensure that all academic documentation is updated, consistent, and accessible.
- Plan and direct documentation projects for timely presentation of documents to constituencies.
- Manage the collection and reporting of academic program data requirements to ensure compliance with the government regulatory framework and accreditation standards.
- Conduct benchmarking exercises, feasibility studies, and analysis of the effectiveness of academic programs for the purposes of accreditation, academic program reviews, and strategic planning.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of data from the academic sector to support decision making and planning.
- Document all curriculum changes and academic program reviews and approvals.
- Maintain current records of academic policy reviews and approvals.
- Develop academic handbooks which include but are not limited to Student Handbook, Faculty Handbook, Course Assessment Handbook, or any other academic related handbook.
- Develop catalogs, manuals, reports, and training materials.
- Develop and/or maintain live updates of templates, forms, thesis formats, and style guides.
- Lead workshops, seminars and activities related to thesis and dissertation to assist students through the process of developing and writing their theses and submitting them on ProQuest.
- Evaluate thesis and dissertation drafts for compliance with copyright legislation, plagiarism and citation rules, and university formatting guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Registrar’s office and the library and communicate with students to ensure successful completion of thesis deposition and clearance process.
- Maintain records of theses and dissertations submitted as part of the degree requirements.
- Manage the citation and download reports of theses and dissertations.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders such as colleges, admission and registration, Institutional Effectiveness office, library, student affairs, HR, etc. on all matters relating to academic documentation.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as QNL, Ministry of Education and Higher Education, international associations and professional societies, accreditation agencies, external program reviewers, etc. on all matters relating to academic documentation.
- Ensure compliance with government regulation and university policies and procedures.
- Work on special projects as directed by the Provost Office.
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and 6 years of relevant full time work experience. Doctoral degree in a relevant field is an advantage.
- Experience in full-time academic administration within higher education.
- Excellent understanding of academic regulations, policies, procedures, and copyright laws.
- Excellent understanding of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of technical documentation styles, rules, and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience with document management processes and controls.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to comply with firm deadlines; namely ability to keep others on task.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Proficiency in data analytic tools and statistical tools
- Excellent programming skills
- Knowledge of databases and SQL software
How To Apply
To apply, please follow this link
Additional documents may be solicited from short-listed candidates. Review of applicants will begin immediately, and the positions will remain open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.