HBKU seeks applications for the position of Director of Risk Management. The applicant will be responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and management of risk management, crisis management
and business continuity functions within HBKU in accordance with HBKU’s overall strategic direction and vision.
Key Result Areas
- Design, implement and lead a global risk management strategy and framework across HBKU by facilitating the identification, assessment and prioritization of all types of key risks through the development of standards and methods for managing, treating, monitoring, and reporting risks.
- Develop and maintain Risk management policies, processes, procedures and systems.
- Ensure senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and the impact.
- Provide proactive and practical regulatory advice to Academic, Research, Operation business and support functions.
- Ensure that risk data and the Risk Management framework are in compliance with all legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Oversee the communication and education initiatives to foster a risk aware culture throughout HBKU.
- Collaborate with Academic, Research and University operations units to identify measures and report on their risk exposures and to ensure risks are managed within risk tolerances.
- Establish and quantify the organization’s 'risk appetite', prioritize risks and measure their performance against these risks.
- Develop and maintain BCM (Business Continuity Management) plans, risk registers and crisis response plans including implementation, management, & validation guidelines; establish success criteria in order to evaluate program effectiveness
- Disseminate information, design and deliver training sessions, including practice responses to potential scenarios.
- Support entities in the development of customized BCM plans, develop audit schedules & audit criteria
- Address the multiple audit observations and comments raised by Internal and external Audit.
- Monitor, maintain and improve the Compliance function ensuring adherence to legal or regulatory requirements, Governance Manual and internal policies and procedures.
- Support the development of compliance monitoring plans and ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Plan and conduct efficient business related operational compliance reviews to identify any noncompliance issues with internal control risks, business risks and operational cost reduction opportunities.
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited 4 year university (risk management, management, business or other relevant related field is required).
- Relevant professional certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of extensive experience in designing, developing, operating and managing a large scale risk management program, preferably in med to large size higher education institutes.
- Experience as a member and/or chairman of a Disaster Preparedness Committee or Business Continuity Planning Committee in an organization at a senior level of management.
- Working knowledge of the regulatory standards of the State of Qatar.
- Hands-on experience and thorough understanding of policies and best practices of risk management, budget preparation, presentation, control and monitoring.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely. Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How To Apply
To apply, please follow this link
Additional documents may be solicited from short-listed candidates. Review of applicants will begin immediately, and the positions will remain open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.