The College of Science and Engineering (CSE) currently offers the largest selection of programs within the university and aspires to be a leading college committed to excellence in research and education with a major emphasis on interdisciplinary research and scholarship. It has established three divisions: Division of Information and Computing Technology, Division of Sustainable Development, and Division of Engineering Management and Decisions Sciences. CSE faculty members are internationally recognized for pursuing high-impact research addressing societal and economic needs in Qatar and globally.
To manage laboratory operations related to teaching and research activities.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. degree in relevant field & 5 years of relevant full-time work experience managing relevant research laboratory.
- Teaching experience in a practical laboratory is an advantage.
- Experience as Health and Safety Officer preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing basic instruments desirable Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications and excellent database skills.
- Embedded systems design.
- Embedded Hardware/software.
- Mobile App Development.
- Printed circuit board design.
- Software and hardware test.
- Develop teaching and research laboratory guidelines, policies, and protocols on the safe conduct of research, handling of consumables and equipment, and compliance reporting.
- Provide training on laboratory equipment.
- Supervise and train laboratory technicians and graduate students.
- Guide professors, principal investigators, scientists, and students in the conduct of research, data collection and reporting.
- Teach assigned sessions of the laboratory in accordance with the curriculum and as directed by the Dean or the coordinator of the course or program, if applicable.
- Coordinate with professor to assist with practical exams and collect lab reports or other evaluation material from students and help in grading them, if applicable.
- Develop educational materials in compliance with the curriculum to support students with the lab component of their programs.
- Collect, comply, and report on data for analysis by the students and Professors.
- Ensure the safekeeping of the records and results of all experiments performed.
- Maintain adequate supplies of consumables and reagents for teaching and research use.
- Calibrate and maintain equipment and instrumentation so that it is available for use and to ensure the accuracy of results.
- Maintain a register of research asset utilization, including space allocation and use.
- Manage the laboratory budget.
- Recommend technologies for research preparation and for comprehensive laboratory support and operations.
- Carry out and lead research projects; mentor and supervise laboratory users in achieving research project tasks as directed by the Dean, PI, or course coordinator.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
How To Apply
To apply, please follow this link
Additional documents may be solicited from short-listed candidates. Review of applicants will begin immediately, and the positions will remain open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.