The College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS) at Hamad Bin Khalifa University (HBKU) aims to deliver innovative programs that meet educational needs in the fields of humanities and social sciences in Qatar and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
To coordinate admissions activities and provide support & information to stakeholders within the College, University, and with prospective applicants
Key Result Areas
- Coordinate all student recruitment and admission processes within the College.
- Track and manage student inquiry database & maintain a student filing system for all applicants.
- Serve as an information source to students, faculty and others regarding registration/admissions policies and procedures.
- Act as a focal point to support academic departments and college staff in the admissions process.
- Process scholarship applications.
- Serve as a liaison between the College and the Provost's Office for the admission and enrolment of students to college degree programs.
- Process all applicants through the Student Information System and ensure that all applicant data is updated.
- Follow up with applicants regarding missing materials, incomplete documents, and other aspects of the application to ensure timely completion and review of the files.
- Maintain accurate and timely admission and demographic data regarding number of applicants, admits and enrolled students.
- Download and review admission materials from the Student Information System and ensure it is accurately stored on the shared drive.
- Work with the academic department on preparing entrance tests, including their schedules, supervising duties, and rendering results.
- Work with the academic department on writing the program prospectus in English and Arabic.
- Offer consultation to students regarding results of entrance test/application steps involved.
- Handle the registration, scheduling of admissions exams dates and times, and all other functions of the admissions office.
- Prepare for the annual student orientation to orient and familiarize newly admitted students of their classrooms, courses and facilities provided.
- Arrange for local and international visits (universities, companies, etc.) to introduce the degree programs and provide information about the admissions process and scholarships.
- Admit local and international students' orientation, and for acting as a focal point with university offices for processing housing and students' visas.
- Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field & 2-5 years of relevant full-time work experience; preferably in similar Higher Education Institutes.
- Knowledge of the admissions processes, methods, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and developing data driven reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and students.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports and communications and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely; Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
How To Apply
To apply, please follow this link
Additional documents may be solicited from short-listed candidates. Review of applicants will begin immediately, and the positions will remain open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and continue a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews.
HBKU offers an attractive compensation package that includes a tax-free salary and additional benefits such as an education allowance, furnished accommodation, annual paid leave, air tickets and medical insurance.