HBKU Financial Aid is committed to helping students of HBKU and its partner universities find the best financial solution to meet their specific needs.
The Financial Aid Program – what is it?
Financial aid is a loan-based program that gives undergraduate students at Education City an equal opportunity to receive a quality university education. All resident and non-resident international students that demonstrate financial need are eligible to apply for an HBKU financial aid loan.
You’re interested – what do you need to be eligible?
- Full-time resident and non-resident international undergraduate student
- Acceptance to an undergraduate program at: Hamad bin Khalifa University, Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar, Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar, Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar, or Northwestern University in Qatar
- Demonstrate financial need
- Good standard of conduct within the Education City community
You’ve been accepted for a loan – what are the next steps?
- Accept the financial aid award electronically
- Provide the original signed financial aid contract to HBKU Financial Aid
- Pay off the balance of your university invoice, if outstanding fees remain
How do you renew your loan?
- Submit a new application each year which will be subject to a re-evaluation process by HBKU Financial Aid
- Maintain an average GPA of 2.0 and be in good academic standing during the entire period of university study
- Meet with a financial aid representative periodically
How do you repay your loan?
Repayment of the financial aid loan is due:
- Prior to graduation:
- If the student withdraws or is dismissed from HBKU or one of its partner universities
- Six months after graduation date through:
- A Repayment Plan agreed upon by HBKU Financial Aid
- The Paid Service option if employed by one of HBKU’s approved employers. An advisor will provide guidance on which employers qualify.
How do you access the financial aid system?
To access the financial aid system and apply, click here.
Contact HBKU Financial Aid
For more information on financial aid, visit HBKU Financial Aid offices at the HBKU Student Center, Suite 215 or email: email@example.com.